Monday, September 19, 2005

My Ongoing US Visit

Hi There. Long time no posting!
Yeah I actually forgot about blogging :-)
Since the last few weeks I have been on a client visit to the USA. I am staying at Pacific Inn which is a nice little apartment. It does not have the feeling of being in an overly crowded huge hotel but has all the needed facilities. I had stayed at the same place for a few weeks last year too.

I am a member of an offshore team for a client based in Bellevue. They have a couple of products in the market. So far, my company Persistent was involved in working on the old product. Since this month, we have also started working on the second product, which is why I am here. Another colleague will join in a couple of days.

The climate here is changing fast. It was the last few days of summer when I arrived. The rains have now started. The fall will be showing its beauty in a few weeks. And I am hoping badly that I can see some beautiful colours of trees before I head off back to India. The weather in Seattle is generally cloudy for the next 7-8 months. It rarely sees sunshine during this period. Due to this gloomy and sad weather, Seattle has the highest suicide rate in the country! (I don't know if this is actually true!)

That apart, its a very nice place to stay in, as I have learned from a few of my friends here. Its a beautiful place with the snow covered Mount Rainier standing nearby. It is also not as expensive as the other happening cities in the US are. It houses many software comanies including Microsoft and Amazon and hence there are many Indian faces to be seen everywhere. An Indian store named Mayuri is very famous. Its the place from where we get the Rotis that are such an essntial part of the diet. This part of the country also has an awesome bus service which makes it very easy for non residents like me to travel.


Since there is not much else to do here, I will be blogging with much higher frequency than before. I already have a couple of subjects lined up on which I plan to start writing. My next few blogs will be on sports and books.

Till Then,
Cheers,

- Tosh

No comments: