Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back to using the Linux Operating System

This is the history of my Operating System usage:

- Started with windows in VNIT/VRCE labs
- Used linux in VNIT labs for some assignments in COmpilers/other courses in VNIT
- Used Solaris for BE Project
- Used linux in IIT Bombay
- Used Windows in my office - Persistent Systems Pvt Ltd (For the past 4 1/2 years)

Now I have successfully installed and configured SuSe Linux 10 on my home PC. Its good to be back on Linux again. The latest versions of Linux are much better that the older one. Guess what, it detected my Canon digital camera, all my other hardware and also my ethernet card/VSNL (Tata Indiicom) broadband internet connection without any additional installations/driver configurations.

So back to Tetris and Mozilla :-)

Cheers,
- Tosh

No comments: